Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions never last...

They say new years resolutions never stick. Mine was to start eating healthier. I started out good by eating a salad for lunch. I was thinking that this new habit of mine was going to be easy. But somehow pizza and ice cream made its way to my dinner plate. Hmmm.... it can't be good when you throw your resolution out the window on January 1. On a better note... I was happy to see that I blogged my new years resolutions from last year...

1. Read the gospel doctrine lesson and relief society lesson each week before going to church
2. Make a plan to go back to school
3. Get my creative juices flowing again
4. Buy a sewing machine and actually learn how to sew.
5. Actually learn how to use my fancy camera and take more pictures
6. Learn how to use photoshop
7. Work on family history... actually get names ready to go to the temple
8. Travel at least once out of the country
9. Find a job that actually makes me use my brain
10. Move into my own bedroom at some point
11. Keep in better touch with friends
12. Start to live the life I imagined for myself - live it for me!
13. Cook more - try making new things
14. Do my laundry when the basket gets full... not when it explodes
15. Spend more time with my famliy
16. Finish painting my house

1,2,3,4,7,10,16 check (for the most part)

I guess its hopeful that resolving to do something might actually work

11 comments:

Amander said...

Hey, you gave it a shot, right? Wish you could be here for the super sleepover extravaganza tonight!

Ali said...

Why don't you add "Start Running" to your 2009 list and come with me one morning a week (maybe even two as the year progresses). I could use a partner so I don't get killed.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'm going to entice you to keep "running" off the list and add "swimming" to come with me. :)

Also, can we do photoshop, photography & cooking together this year? Those were on mine too and I didn't do them either.

Adam and Bri said...

Hooray for checking things off! Way to go, Sammy. You're very inspiring.

Ali said...

That was rude...

Sammy said...

in all reality... its the "can we go in the morning" that is not enticing regardless of whether its running or swimming... its like you don't know me at all!

Ali said...

Except you are the one that tried to get me to go with you to work out or swim in the mornings right after I had Daisy and I told you I would after I stopped breastfeeding...so I think I do know you after all.

If you change your mind, you know where to find me Monday mornings...running with Kramer and all the shady folks wanting to abduct me.

Ali said...

Also - Tripp wants to take a photography class...maybe you can all do it together.

Sammy said...

I am most definitely in for the photography class... it would be great to find someone who could teach all of us at home or something... go out and practice shooting...

Ali said...

I think Tripp had more of a CSN class in mind but if you find an at-home opportunity, let him know.

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.