Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Amanda and I for as long as I can remember have made a pact to watch this....


every year. I know your thinking... "really? every year?" Yes really. Every year. And I love it. This years viewing brought about something entirely new. A google session while the ship is sinking (our least favorite part) of fact and fiction that the movie portrays. Heres a little bit about what we discovered.

1. There was a J Dawson aboard the ship
2. James Cameron did the sketch of Kate Winslet
3. There were no Picasso paintings on the Titanic as shown in the movie
4. If you have to go into freezing water, its better to remain still. You lose body heat faster if you try to swim.
5. The movie was filmed in Baja so that water was 80 degrees. Kind of ruins the last scene for me
6. Lake Wissota where Jack went ice fishing in Wisconsin is a man made lake that wasn't made until after the Titanic sunk.
7. Apparently there are all kind of bloopers you can find if you put certain scenes into slow motion. Maybe next time Mander.

Really the list is like a hundred fold of the many facts and fiction I learned about Titanic this weekend. And this is one of the many reasons why I love Amanda

6 comments:

Amander said...

Best post ever.

I need to write my own Titanic post at some point.

Also, if we ever had any interest in going to Canada, we could visit J. Dawson's grave. It might be worth it just for the novelty :).

Sammy said...

I think we should go to canada for that very reason

BP and J said...

sounds fascinating. and i mean that in the most sarcastic way possible.

Nick and Lexie said...

I both hate and love this post.

I love it because I couldn't love googling random facts about a classic movie of our era any more. In fact, very rarely any more do I watch a movie without googling something during the viewing. We're a lot alike.

I hate this post because I wasn't there.

Adam and Bri said...

i really want you guys to keep up this tradition forever.

can you imagine 90-year-old mander and sam watching Titanic together? it's just such a magical thought.

Keri said...

Oh Bri, I can imagine 90-year-old Sam and Amanda watching it with their hairless cat sitting between them. It's a beautiful thing. Yeah, that whole 80 degree water thing definitely changes that last scene. It has been far too long since I've seen this fine film. And just for your information, all of the seasons of the cosby show are now available on watch instantly for netflix. It's a good thing.