Sunday, February 27, 2011

This weekend I decided to boot up my college computer that hasn't been turned on in well over two years with the purpose of getting my music off it and throwing it in the trash. These are the things I learned/remember about my itunes circa 2005.

1. I used to lay on my couch in the fernwood with josh groban and the book of love on repeat. Those were dark days.
2. I watched entirely too much dawsons creek in college. Hence why I have all the music downloaded.
3. The OC introduced me to a whole new variety of sleepy music
4. Kelly Clarkson was and is still awesome. I think Beautiful disaster is at the top of my most played list. Well done Kelly.
5. Some awesome mix cd's were made in college. Thank you Lexie for many a road trip cd. And really who can forget "the cd" from the avenues.
6. Clearly I didn't care about foul language in college when it came to music
7. typing the lyrics to your roommate while listening to songs together is awesome.
8. John Denver rocked my world.
9. "I'm not a girl... not yet a woman..." need I say more.

More realizations to come...

6 comments:

Keri said...

I love everything about this post.

Nick and Lexie said...

Sometimes I am shocked at how unedited our songs were. What can I say, we were bad-asses.

Ali said...

PLEASE don't throw your laptop in the trash. Give it to some organization that takes computers and does something with them...even it is on the verge of death. It kills me to think of a pile of laptops sitting in landfills.

Adam and Bri said...

this post pretty much warmed my heart in every way.

jen said...

i love how music can bring back so many memories. Those are some great tunes.

Amander said...

So happy that I was a part of this.

Wish I could have been there to reminisce.

(And about the un-editedness - I have been trying to clean up my iTunes and practically everything from college I need to get an edited version of.)