Monday, January 14, 2008

Worst Idea Ever...

Somehow I jumped on the bandwagon of giving up soda and candy. At least this is a contest to see who can go the longest and $60 could be mine if I win. But I was not really paying attention one night and before I know it I am betting that I could go the longest... me... Samantha Marz... who drinks the equivalence of at least six cans a day. Bad idea. So today is day one. No headache because I have been popping exedrine pills like candy... going to have to slowly cut back on those. So for those of you who spend any time with me... don't tempt me. I am currently in a weak state without my diet coke. I don't even know who I am anymore.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Come hang out with us! We will help you stay far away from soda (the liquid devil). Candy is another story, but we don't have much here right now so you're safe.

I happen to think that may have been the best idea ever.

Heather said...

Im right there with you! I decided to stop drinking Mt. Dew this week, and its not going so well! I have re-defined the word MEAN! Thank Goodness for Excedrin!
(Oh, I found your Blog, while I was on Kellie's Blog!)

jen said...

oh my. i don't know if i can believe this...

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I hope you win the bet but here's what I've been doing that seems to help.

Don't keep soda in your house and you won't drink it nearly as often. Just allow yourself a fountain drink or a DC at a restaurant every few days. Then, you get your DC fix but it's not eating away your stomach lining.

Mom told me about your new idea and it made me cut back myself. I do feel better when I don't drink it but I LOOVVEE a DC with lemon/lime every once in a while. No reason you have to give it up completely.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh, and everyone puts things in to their body that aren't good. Ours just happens to be carbonation!

Maggie said...

you don't know you anymore? i don't know you anymore. since when do you care about ingesting large amounts of inorganic acids into your body? We diet coke drinkers live in the now...you can regret it later.

jaanderson family said...

Sam! Its Amanda Bradshaw! How are you? Your blog is hilarious! What are you up to? Last I saw you was at the movies! Your pictures are so cute!
Good luck with the soda thing! I gave up soda over a year ago, and it was hard, but I do what Lindsay said, I dont ever buy it and every now and then I have one or a sip of my husbands! Win that money though! Good Luck!