Sunday, December 7, 2008

HELLO CUPCAKE...

For mothers day my mom bought me this book... and I became inspired to decorate cupcakes...



So for Christmas time, I roped Brinley (who just took a cake decorating class) into helping me make these... (this image is from the book)



So we got creative with the decorating sugars as they are called in the cake decorating world. I also rolled out with a rolling pin some airheads and used a pizza roller to cut up some fruit roll-ups and this is what we got...



Except one of them ended up looking like a firecracker... and according to Preston they looked like turtles...



All in all though it was one of my favorite nights ever.... despite Brinley telling me all my cupcakes were ugly. Which some of them most definitely were.


9 comments:

brinleyr said...

Your blog sounds so much more clever than mine. That's so annoying. But we are cool.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Wow! I'm quite impressed. Next time I'll hire you to make Nate's birthday cupcakes.

Amander said...

Those are CUTE! Excellent job, Miss Sam.

Adam and Bri said...

You're SO domestic and fancy.

Ali said...

Nice work. Is it too late to quit the nursing route? Maybe Duff needs a new intern....

jen said...

I also own that book because of you samantha. Thank you from bringing it into my life. Those cupcakes look fabulous! Not a bit like turtles.

Nick and Lexie said...

I am impressed with the cupcakes. They look so pretty, I wouldn't want to eat them! Okay, just kidding, I would eat them in a heart beat, but you get the idea.

brinleyr said...

UPDATE! And no, you can't talk about the snowman either.

Keri said...

they look great. I'm especially glad you didn't decorate with tampons.