Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homeless people rock...

So I was put in charge of our wards turn to do "Friends of the Desert" or rather feed the homeless today at a church in old Henderson. Kind of forgot how much I kind of like chillin with homeless peeps. For any of you who knew me in college - you would know that I pretty much lived for the day that I was put on bus token duty at my internship - I was saving the world one bus token at a time if you ask bri. So pretty much I am making a goal to find ways in which I can help out more at that church... cause I forget how much homeless people really do rock.

Disclaimer: I totally understand that being homeless is no good - but getting a chance to talk to a group of them today really reminded me how much like me they really are.

4 comments:

Amander said...

Seriously, they do rock! My homeless clients are some of my very favorite. Glad you got to do some social work today, Sam.

Adam and Bri said...

I loved it when you saved the world one bus token at a time! You were so inspirational Sammy Sam.

Nick and Lexie said...

Eh, I think it all depends on how bad they smell. I'm a little sensitive to smells :)

Ali said...

First off, thanks for finally changing the photo.

Secondly, I told you Friends of the Desert was WAY better than Del Mar Gardens. They both have odors, but the eating part isn't nearly as bad. Hope they enjoyed Sister Clark's pizza's....