Monday, February 23, 2009

Never thought the day would come...

I can truly say that I never thought the day would come where I would quit working at The Gap.... well at least not any time soon. I thought I would for sure get my five year watch at the very least. Funny how things never work out the way we plan them too. I think most were shocked to hear me say that I was actually quitting... like for reals this time. It was a bitter sweet day to leave the people that I have spent the last 3 1/2 years with. They have definitely become family to me and I will miss them... but if I never fold another shirt again it will be too soon! So, I suppose this is the ending of a chapter.

5 comments:

Amander said...

Hooray for new beginnings! It's true, things never work out the way we think they will. Good luck at the new job :)

Ali said...

A public thanks to Sam for always picking up goodies off the sale racks for my three kids. They have been well clothed. We will miss the surprise clothes but love having Aunt Sammy around much much more.

Adam and Bri said...

Well, a watch isn't worth holding out the five years for. But if you were going to get an obnoxious jean jacket with a brick oven logo on it, then I'd say you made the wrong decision. :)

Good luck with the change! Change is good.

Oh, and I can definitely hang out the weekend of the 20th. Sounds perfect!

Adam and Bri said...

Well, a watch isn't worth holding out the five years for. But if you were going to get an obnoxious jean jacket with a brick oven logo on it, then I'd say you made the wrong decision. :)

Good luck with the change! Change is good.

Oh, and I can definitely hang out the weekend of the 20th. Sounds perfect!

Maggie said...

what's the new job sammy? I hope it's wiping old people's butts.